The position is responsible for the execution of the production schedule in a safe and efficient manner. The role is responsible for the care and control of the people and assets and is considered the senior person on the production floor. The role ensures that production and delivery are in line with customer assurances.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (the incumbent may be asked to perform any combination of the following functions):
- Oversee production scheduling and related activities. Prepare the production plan daily and schedule work for at least one week ahead of schedule. Monitor WIP levels, confirm that raw material supply (in-hand and on its way) is in keeping with the production schedule.
- Communicate with Customer Service and Sales to ensure on time delivery.
- Monitor staffing on the floor and recommend staffing changes as required.
- Provide direction to the entire production team. Create and maintain an environment of role clarity, team work, safe work practices and regularity.
- Participate on the Health and Safety Team as required.
- Oversee distribution including relationships with carriers and ensure lowest possible freight costs to our warehouses by maximizing shipments.
- Liaise with internal and external resources as they relate to equipment maintenance, plant housekeeping and grounds control.
- Act as the main point of contact for Cobra customers.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Supervises up to 15 employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include:
- interviewing, hiring, and training employees.
- directing work; appraising performance.
- rewarding and coaching employees.
- addressing complaints.
- resolving problems.
- Contributing to a positive workplace culture
- High-School diploma an asset but not required.
- Four to six years related experience and/or training in managing people
- Safety training; knowledge of a Supervisor’s role and responsibilities in safety.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and 5S.
- Experience using ERP systems.
- Exposure to Six Sigma desired.
- A willingness to learn and be cross-trained within IWI.
- Certification in First-Aid/CPR Emergency Care would be an asset.
IWI is committed to treating people with respect and dignity. We are also committed to inclusion and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request through out the entire recruitment process. Please contact [email protected] if you require accommodation.